1. Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation (the “GDPR”).
2. Who are we?
‘Leatherhead Community Hub’ is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
3. How do we process your personal data?
Leatherhead Community Hub (LCH) complies with its obligations under the “GDPR” by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure; and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data.
We use your personal data for the following purposes:
· to enable communication by way of emails, text messages, and other relevant mediums.
· to maintain our own accounts and records (including the processing of Gift Aid applications).
· to inform you of news, events, activities and services running at LCH.
4. What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
Explicit consent of the data subject so that we can keep you informed about news, events, activities and services. Processing is also necessary for carrying out legal obligations (in relation to Gift Aid etc), or in line with best practice (in relation to DBS checks etc.)
Processing is carried out by a not-for-profit body that provides facilities and services for the local community provided:
· the processing relates only to partners, supporters, and users of LCH (or those who have regular contact with it in connection with those purposes).
· there is no disclosure to a third party without consent.
5. Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will only be shared with other members of LCH for purposes connected with LCH. We will only share your data with third parties outside of LCH with your consent.
6. How long do we keep your personal data2?
We keep regular data for as long as you remain connected to LCH. We retain Gift Aid declarations and associated paperwork for up to 6 years after the calendar year to which they relate. Our data will be reviewed on a semi-regular basis in order to keep it up to date and to make sure that we still have your consent.
7. Your rights and your personal data
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
· to request a copy of your personal data which LCH holds about you.
· to request that LCH corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date.
· to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for LCH to retain such data.
· to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time.
· where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing.
· to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office.
8. Further processing
If we wish to use your personal data for a new purpose, not covered by this Data Protection Notice, then we will provide you with a new notice explaining this new use prior to commencing the processing and setting out the relevant purposes and processing conditions. Where and whenever necessary, we will seek your prior consent to the new processing.
9. Contact Details
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office on 0303 123 1113 or via email: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or at the Information Commissioner's Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF.
 Charity Number: 1190394; Registered address: Garden House, St. Nicholas Avenue, Bookham, Leatherhead, KT23 4AY; www.lch.community